What Hosts Should Expect
Hosting a successful iCan Bike program involves a good deal of effort, however, the feedback and gratitude you will receive from riders, families and volunteers will make it worth all your hard work. Being an iCan Bike program host may be the toughest job you’ve ever loved!
iCan Bike Hosts are responsible for:
- Securing a local suitable facility, preferably climate-controlled, with a minimum indoor riding area of 6,800 square feet to conduct our bike program Monday through Friday during normal business hours
- Allowing access to an equivalently sized nearby outdoor riding area, relatively flat and free of hazardous obstacles, for the days of Wednesday through Friday only
- Allowing access to the facility for two hours on the Sunday afternoon/evening before camp (equipment set-up and parent and volunteer orientation)
- Paying a fixed program fee of $8,450 to iCan Shine for up to 40 riders ($8,250 if deposit received by November 1st)
- Providing lodging for two iCan Bike staff for the week (2 hotel rooms for 7 nights)
- Establishing a rider registration fee to charge and collect from families (principally used to subsidize the above mentioned program fee – rider registration fees generally range from $150 to $250 per rider)
- Recruiting and registering local riders and volunteer spotters (2 spotters per rider)
- Planning and administering the daily iCan Bike program check-in process, providing name-tags, t-shirts and recognition awards to riders and volunteers
Getting up to speed on becoming an iCan Bike Host:
The most efficient way to understand what is involved in being an iCan Bike host is to:
- Download and read our Bike Camp Host Overview
- View the short, professionally produced TV News Videos of our iCan Bike program on our Home Page
- Read our Host Testimonials to learn what our iCan Bike hosts have to say about our program
- Email us at email@example.com to set up a convenient day and time to discuss more details over the phone
In order to make iCan Bike programs efficient and successful, we have developed standardized planning, administrative, marketing, registration and other informational documents. Our goal in doing this is to make hosting one of our iCan Bike programs as stress-free and seamless as possible.
Over the years, we have accumulated a number of best practices on hosting efficient and successful iCan Bike programs and have fine-tuned this process to be reflected in the documentation below readily available to all camp hosts. As an iCan Bike program host, you will benefit from our many years of determining what works best.