What Hosts Should Expect
Hosting a successful iCan Bike program involves a good deal of effort to organize, however, the feedback and gratitude you will receive from riders, families and volunteers will make it worth all your hard work. Being an iCan Bike program host may be the toughest job you ever loved!
iCan Bike program hosts are responsible for:
- Securing a local suitable facility, preferably climate-controlled, with a minimum indoor riding area of 6,800 square feet to conduct our bike program for 5 days. We need access to the facility for a couple hours on Sunday for set-up and orientation and during normal business hours each day Monday through Friday.
- Paying a fixed fee of $8,250 to iCan Shine for up to 40 riders ($3,950 for After School programs up to 16 riders generally hosted by public school districts) and providing lodging for two iCan Bike staff for the week (2 hotel rooms for 7 nights)
- Establishing a rider registration fee to charge and collect from families (principally used to subsidize the above mentioned program cost – - rider registration fees generally range from $150 to $250 per rider)
- Recruiting and registering local riders and volunteer spotters (2 spotters per rider)
- Planning and administering the daily bike program check-in process, providing name-tags, t-shirts and recognition awards to riders and volunteers
In order to make iCan Bike programs efficient and successful, we have developed standardized marketing, registration and other informational documents (see below). Our goal in doing this is to make hosting one of our iCan Bike programs as stress-free and seamless as possible. Over the years, we have accumulated a number of best practices on hosting efficient and successful iCan Bike programs and have fine-tuned this process to be reflected in the documentation below readily available to all camp hosts. As an iCan Bike program host, you will not need to re-invent the wheel.
Here’s what our hosts had to say in the 2013 Host Testimonials.
Below are standardized marketing, registration and other informational documents for use by our iCan Bike Hosts. Where applicable, hosts would insert their specific program details such as location, dates and registration fees.